Wednesday, July 18, 2012

July 18, 2012 Two Returns Today

Got back two returns today, one from last month and one from a batch of letters I mailed on Saturday.

Tom Qualters

Tom Qualters was a "Bonus Baby" who signed with the Philadelphia Phillies out of high school in 1953, so that meant he had to remain on the Phillies roster for 2 years. He pitched in one game in 1953 and gave up 6 earned runs in a third of an inning and ended up the season with a 162.00 ERA. He last played in the majors with the White Sox in 1958.



Mel Nelson

This was a return that shocked the hell out of me. I mailed this request with a bunch of others on Saturday, July 14th. I got a reply today on July 18th. Five days from Brooklyn, NY to California and back to me........Thank you Mel and thank you United States Postal Service.


No comments:

Post a Comment