Thursday, October 18, 2012

October 17, 2012 John Thibdeau Passes Away

Today I got an email from the son of onetime Red Sox minor league pitcher John Thibdeau saying that his Dad had passed away yesterday. He saw my custom cards of his Dad that he signed for me and wanted to know if I could send him the photos for the funeral on Saturday. I told him the images I used were small but I sent him the photos via email and he was very happy. As a shot in the dark, I asked a friend of mine named Keith  if he had any images of John Thibdeau and sure enough he came up with a beautiful color image of him with the Louisville Colonels. I sent the image to John's son and he replied that his Mom was blown away by the image.

Even though Mr Thibdeau never pitched in the major leagues, he did make it to a 1969 Topps "Red Sox Rookie Stars" card he shared with Joe Lahoud, so his name will live forever.




4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this information. My dad was a very humble man and never spoke much about his baseball career, but his children, his wife, and the rest of his family were always very proud of him. The picture you shared with my brother was one I had never seen. Thank you again,
    Suzanne Thibdeau

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you liked the image of your Dad but the credit really should go to Keith Olbermann for providing the photo so quickly after I asked if had one of your Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just researching John Thibdeau - as I came across his baseball card on EBAY and always remembered that particular card from my youth - and was saddened to learn of his death on this site.

    ReplyDelete