Friday, August 23, 2013

1956 Topps.... My Favorite Year

1956 Topps......was one of the first Topps sets that I completed back in the 1980s. I remember ordering , through an ad in the Sporting News, a complete Topps run, from 1952 to 1979 or so and the 1956 Topps card was Wes Westrum. Seeing that bald head tagging out a sliding Cardinals player and I was hooked on that set.  It is also my favorite set because of the action images in the backgrounds.


Since I'm on vacation this week, and I'm getting a little better with Photoshop, I decided to make some 1956s and will send some of them out TTM

Since he didn't have a Topps card in 1956 .my first attempt was Stan Musial. Finding head shots of the players is the easiest part, finding a decent background shot in color is harder. I'll more than likely end up colorizing black and white photos for some of the backgrounds.

Here are the first attempts at 1956s..... yea I know, the cards are 1956 but the backgrounds are the 1959 All Star Game and 1962 Polo Grounds, but beggars can't be choosy
 

Here are the rest of my 1956s


No comments:

Post a Comment