Friday, June 22, 2012

June 22, 2012 6 Returns Today

Today was a good mail day as I got 6 returns, the results of my semi-big mailing last week.

Wayne Garrett

Growing up in Brooklyn during the 60s, I'll always have a special place in my heart for the 1969 Mets ( as well as the 1969 Knicks and the early 1970s Yankees ). Wayne Garrett was the main third baseman for the 1969 World Champion Mets and played for the Mets until 1976.


Rich "Dick" Billings

Mr Billings was a catcher for the Senators/Rangers from 1968 to 1974. The Senators and Denver Bears photos I used were originally black and white that I colorized. He also included a signed Rangers post card and Legacy Alumni card.



Paul Smith

Paul was a first baseman with the Pirates from 1953 to 1958 and then was sold to the Cubs in May 1958, where he spent the rest of the year. All four photos I used for the cards were originally black and white. Mr Smith wrote a nice note and asked for copies of my cards for his children. He later played many in the Pacific Coast League for the Red Sox organization.


Don Lee

Don pitched in the major leagues for 9 years from 1957 to 1966, His best seasons were with the Los Angeles Angels when he won 8 games in 1962 and 1963.


Bob Bruce

Mr Bruce was one of the better pitchers on the early Houston Colt 45s/ Astros of the early 1960s.He won 10 games their first year and 15 games in 1964.


Ray Webster

Ray played with the 1959 Cleveland Indians and the 1960 Red Sox but spent most of his career in the Pacific Coast League in the early 1960s.


1 comment:

  1. Hi! How can I get in touch with you? I am Paul Smith's granddaughter and would like to know if you have any of those cards or can I order some?

    ReplyDelete